Santa Ana, CA 92706
Salary: $13.50 to $14.50 /hour
Part-time/Full-time Shifts Available:
- 5:45 am-2:00 pm (AM Shift)
- 2:00 pm-10:00 pm (PM Shift)
- 10:00 pm- 6:00 am (NOC Shift)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADL’s) as listed on the resident’s Plan of Care. (toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, ambulation and transfer assistance)
- Assures the overall well-being of all residents in a manner consistent with Hollybrook’s philosophy
- Detail-oriented, with a high standard of excellence and professionalism
- Conform to all applicable HIPAA and safety guidelines
- Demonstrate consistent ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Leads and regularly takes initiative
- Consistently models empathy and compassion
- Contribute to creating a “home” environment, that is clean, safe, well-maintained and comfortable
- Leads and provides opportunities for family and friends to participate in meaningful activities with their loved ones
- Promotes and champions Hollybrook’s philosophy and core values
- The duties as described will require frequent standing and walking. The employee will frequently bend/stoop, squat, reach above the shoulders, twist and turn, kneel, and push/pull. The employee will frequently be required to lift/pull/push/move up to 50 pounds. Must utilize conversational speech for effective verbal communication. Noise level is high in some client care areas
- Attends and actively participates in daily cross over meetings facilitated by the Lead Care Member or Wellness Nurse or Wellness Director
- Participates in the development of the Individualized Service Plans (ISP) and monthly updates
- Reports all accidents/incidents immediately
- Reports all unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately
- Complies with all infection control techniques, placement of bio-hazard containers and removal techniques, procedures and policies
- Understands and practices the proper method of attending to and disposing of and the possibility of exposure to bloodborne pathogens, bodily fluids, infectious waste, sharp sticks, and hazardous materials.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, bodily fluids, infectious materials, sharp sticks, and hazardous chemicals immediately.
- Attends regular meetings; Hollybrook Happenings, Department team meetings, cross over and others as directed by the Wellness Director
- Promptly respond to resident requests
- Provides basic emergency care as determined by the emergency needs of the residents by providing basic first aid.
- Provides safe transfers, positioning, and turning residents using effective body mechanics.
- Intervenes in situations involving unsafe or inadequate care and reports immediately to the Wellness Director.
- Demonstrate good practice of infection control principles by understanding the infectious process and modes of disease transmission, and by using appropriate hand washing techniques.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental recordkeeping requirements.
- Supports the mental health and social service needs of residents by: observing and reporting mental status and behavior changes; modifies own behavior in response to resident behavior; facilitates the resident’s expression of needs and provides supportive communication; assists and instructs residents to be independent in ADL; assists residents in choosing appropriate social programs and events and helps residents who need or want physical assistance to attend events; in some cases, as directed, attend events outside of the community with residents requiring extra help; uses resident’s family as a source of resident support. Observes, reports, and documents symptoms and conditions of residents for changes in condition such as skin, behavior, alertness, weight, dietary and participation in activities.
- Maintains a safe environment by keeping the community safe, clean and comfortable; recognizing environmental safety hazards, understands the methods to prevent on-the-job accidents and injuries. Reports any needed repairs of community-owned property to the Wellness Director or Maintenance Department where applicable.
- Demonstrates an understanding and support of Resident Rights by providing for resident privacy, maintaining resident confidentiality; Promotes the resident’s right to make personal choices to accommodate their needs; Reinforces behavior consistent with resident dignity, and assists residents to participate in activities.
- Consistently demonstrates a professional demeanor that communicates a philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
- Assists with continence management and disposes of all continence products properly to ensure sanitation of resident suite and community restrooms using standard care procedures.
- Host and engage in activities with the residents on a daily basis.
- Maintains and cleans resident rooms as assigned including making beds, emptying trash, putting clothes away appropriately, spot sweeping, and mopping as needed.
- Safe food handling is practiced at all times to prevent an outbreak of foodborne illness in compliance with universal care precautions.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to pass a health screening, including drug test
- Must be able to pass Live Scan test
- Once hired, must be able to attend both New Hire Training and Orientation
- Ability to react and remain calm in difficult situations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and level of understanding
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Clear and effective verbal written communication skills are required.
- Previous memory care experience preferred
medication assistant, med assistant, certified nursing assistant, certified nurse assistant, RSA, resident service assistant, resident services assistant, med tech, medication tech, medication technician, personal care assistant, med aide, medication aide, nursing assistant