Santa Ana, CA
Awarded Orange County’s Favorite Assisted Living 2018-2019!
What’s in it for you?
Our care staff plays an integral part in resident well-being. Through the development of skills, and the ability to deliver love through authentic connections, our care staff experiences the joy of contributing to the lives of others.
“We believe in the extraordinary potential of human beings.”
We are committed to developing leaders, building careers, and helping our staff become the best versions of themselves. Many of our senior care staff has grown from entry-level roles.
We are looking for a Wellness Director who has experience working in senior living communities. The Wellness Director develops relationships with residents’ physicians and continuously evaluates resident care needs and implements training, provides coaching to empower care providers to identify resident needs and ensure that those needs are addressed accordingly. The Wellness Director is responsible for the overall wellbeing of the resident population.
- Meet with families/residents during the admissions process and conduct appraisals of resident needs.
- Ensure outstanding and appropriate care is delivered while adhering to community policy, regulation, and law.
- Coordination of medication management, develop and maintain positive working relationships with physicians.
- Supervise caregivers and medication technicians and work closely with the Resident Services Coordinator to implement appropriate activities.
- Monitor and record physical, mental, and emotional changes observed in residents and report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in personnel policies.
- Continuously perform resident assessments according to established protocol to ensure that resident care needs are adequately met.
- Discuss resident medications with physicians and pharmacist; verify new medication orders and verify there are no drug interactions.
- Oversee scheduling medical appointments and maintain a current medical appointment calendar.
- Chart resident notes appropriately and review end of shift notes.
- Implement training programs for staff including general care member orientation, medication management and dementia specific staff orientation and training.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest, dignity, and respect, celebration and choice in each resident’s needs.
Report regularly to the Executive Director to provide status reports and engage in strategic planning.