Santa Ana, CA 92706
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
Come join us at Hollybrook Senior Living!
At Hollybrook Senior Living, we believe that seniors matter. Through every action, we attempt to realize Hollybrook’s purpose of delivering love in the context of affordable senior care. Additionally, we are committed to creating a positive work environment, and the ongoing growth and development of our staff. The ideal candidate has a passionate commitment to figuring out how to create a loving environment for seniors, and is committed to ongoing self-development.
· Assist Management with day-to-day clerical office work including: filing, billing, collections calls, payroll documentation, etc.
· Present a professional demeanor that communicates a philosophy of service, goodwill and genuine interest in each residents needs.
· Ability to answer telephone calls and greet the public in a professional, friendly and courteous manner in a fast-paced environment.
· Be well spoken, clear and residents, staff, and families in all interactions/situations
· Remain calm and professional in stressful situations
· Monitor emergency call system and respond via set protocol.
· Greet visitors, gathering information by appropriate procedures and referring visitor to proper team member
· Enter all maintenance work orders and perform follow-up telephone calls to ensure resident satisfaction.
· Assist residents in scheduling transportation and manage appointment binder.
· Participate in cross-training and be flexible to perform varying roles whenever necessary
· Present a consistently professional demeanor that authentically communicates the spirit of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
· Light housekeeping duties of common areas in sight of front desk.
· Assures the overall well-being of all residents in a manner consistent with Hollybrook’s philosophy
· Detail oriented, with a high standard of excellence and professionalism
· Conform to all applicable HIPAA and safety guidelines
· Demonstrate consistent ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Leads and regularly takes initiative
· Demonstrate consistent ability to model empathy and compassion
· Contribute to creating a “home” environment, that is clean, safe, well-maintained and comfortable
· Promotes and champions Hollybrook’s philosophy and core values
· The duties as described will require frequent standing and walking. The employee will frequently bend/stoop, squat, reach above the shoulders, twist and turn, kneel, and push/pull. The employee will frequently be required to lift/pull/push/move up to 50 pounds. Must utilize conversational speech for effective verbal communication. Noise level is high in some client care areas
· Reports all accidents/incidents immediately
· Reports all unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately
· Complies with all infection control techniques, placement of bio-hazard containers and removal techniques, procedures and policies
· Understands and practices the proper method of attending to and disposing of and the possibility of exposure to blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids, infectious waste, sharp sticks and hazardous materials.
· Report occupational exposures to blood, bodily fluids, infectious materials, sharp sticks and hazardous chemicals immediately.
· Attends regular meetings; Hollybrook Happenings, Department team meetings, cross over and others as directed by the Wellness Director
· Promptly respond to resident requests
· Intervenes in situations involving unsafe or inadequate care and reports immediately to the Wellness Director.
· Maintain compliance with all departmental record-keeping requirements.
· Maintains a safe environment by keeping the community safe, clean and comfortable; recognizing environmental safety hazards, understands the methods to prevent on-the-job accidents and injuries. Reports any needed repairs of community-owned property to the Wellness Director or Maintenance Department where applicable.
· Demonstrates an understanding and support of Resident Rights by: providing for resident privacy; maintaining resident confidentiality; promotes the residents right to make personal choices to accommodate their needs; reinforces behavior consistent with resident dignity; assist residents to participate in activities.
· May perform other duties as assigned
Position Requirements :
· Be in good health, and physically mental and capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
· Demonstrate freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis within (7) days of employment.
· Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to the initial presence in the facility.
· Must have a clean driving record as per the insurance carrier’s policy
· Must be available for new hire training
Job Type: Part-time