Santa Ana, CA 92706
Salary: $13.50 to $14.50 /hour
Part-time/Full-time Shifts Available:
- 2:00 pm- 10:00 pm (PM Shift)
- 10:00 pm- 6:00AM (Overnight)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADL’s) as listed on the resident’s Plan of Care. (toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, ambulation and transfer assistance)
- Assures the overall well-being of all residents in a manner consistent with Hollybrook’s philosophy
- Detail-oriented, with a high standard of excellence and professionalism
- Conform to all applicable HIPAA and safety guidelines
- Demonstrate consistent ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Leads and regularly takes initiative
- Consistently models empathy and compassion
- Contribute to creating a “home” environment, that is clean, safe, well-maintained and comfortable
- Leads and provides opportunities for family and friends to participate in meaningful activities with their loved ones
- Promotes and champions Hollybrook’s philosophy and core values
- The duties as described will require frequent standing and walking. The employee will frequently bend/stoop, squat, reach above the shoulders, twist and turn, kneel, and push/pull. The employee will frequently be required to lift/pull/push/move up to 50 pounds. Must utilize conversational speech for effective verbal communication. Noise level is high in some client care areas
- Attends and actively participates in daily cross over meetings facilitated by the Lead Care Member or Wellness Nurse or Wellness Director
- Participates in the development of the Individualized Service Plans (ISP) and monthly updates
- Reports all accidents/incidents immediately
- Reports all unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately
- Complies with all infection control techniques, placement of bio-hazard containers and removal techniques, procedures and policies
- Understands and practices the proper method of attending to and disposing of and the possibility of exposure to bloodborne pathogens, bodily fluids, infectious waste, sharp sticks, and hazardous materials.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, bodily fluids, infectious materials, sharp sticks, and hazardous chemicals immediately.
- Attends regular meetings; Hollybrook Happenings, Department team meetings, cross over and others as directed by the Wellness Director
- Promptly respond to resident requests
- Provides basic emergency care as determined by the emergency needs of the residents by providing basic first aid.
- Provides safe transfers, positioning, and turning residents using effective body mechanics.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to pass a health screening, including drug test
- Must be able to pass Live Scan test
- Once hired, must be able to attend both New Hire Training and Orientation
- Ability to react and remain calm in difficult situations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and level of understanding
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Clear and effective verbal written communication skills are required.
- Previous memory care experience preferred
medication assistant, med assistant, certified nursing assistant, certified nurse assistant, RSA, resident service assistant, resident services assistant, med tech, medication tech, medication technician, personal care assistant, med aide, medication aide, nursing assistant