Santa Ana, CA
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
Hiring For 2 receptionists, one for each of the following shifts:
· OPTION A: Th-Fri 3:00-7:00pm and Sat-Sun 7:00am – 3:30pm
· OPTION B: Sat-Wed 3:00-7:00pm
Come join us at Hollybrook Senior Living!
At Hollybrook Senior Living, we believe that seniors matter. Through every action, we attempt to realize Hollybrook’s purpose of delivering love in the context of affordable senior care. Additionally, we are committed to creating a positive work environment, and the ongoing growth and development of our staff. The ideal candidate has a passionate commitment to figuring out how to create a loving environment for seniors, and is committed to ongoing self-development.
· Ability to answer telephone calls and greet the public in a professional, friendly and courteous manner in a fast-paced environment.
· Be well spoken, clear and residents, staff, and families in all interactions/situations
· Remain calm and professional in stressful situations
· Monitor emergency call system and respond via set protocol.
· Greet visitors, gathering information by appropriate procedures and referring visitor to proper team member
· Assist Management with day-to-day clerical office work including: filing, billing, collections calls, payroll documentation, etc.
· Enter all maintenance work orders and perform follow-up telephone calls to ensure resident satisfaction.
· Assist residents in scheduling transportation and manage appointment binder.
· Participate in cross-training and be flexible to perform varying roles whenever necessary
· Observe residents ability to perform daily ADL’s and social skills, communicate potential difficulties or opportunities to the appropriate team member.
· Present a consistently professional demeanor that authentically communicates the spirit of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
· Light housekeeping duties of common areas in sight of front desk.
· Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADL’s) as listed on the resident’s Plan of Care. (toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, ambulation and transfer assistance
· Assures the overall well-being of all residents in a manner consistent with Hollybrook’s philosophy
· Detail oriented, with a high standard of excellence and professionalism
· Conform to all applicable HIPAA and safety guidelines
· Demonstrate consistent ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Leads and regularly takes initiative
· Demonstrate consistent ability to model empathy and compassion
· Contribute to creating a “home” environment, that is clean, safe, well-maintained and comfortable
· Leads and provides opportunities for family and friends to participate in meaningful activities with their loved ones
· Promotes and champions Hollybrook’s philosophy and core values
· The duties as described will require frequent standing and walking. The employee will frequently bend/stoop, squat, reach above the shoulders, twist and turn, kneel, and push/pull. The employee will frequently be required to lift/pull/push/move up to 50 pounds. Must utilize conversational speech for effective verbal communication. Noise level is high in some client care areas
· Attends and actively participates in daily cross over meetings facilitated by the Lead Care Member or Wellness Nurse or Wellness Director
· Participates in the development of the Individualized Service Plans (ISP) and monthly updates
· Reports all accidents/incidents immediately
· Reports all unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately
· Complies with all infection control techniques, placement of bio-hazard containers and removal techniques, procedures and policies
· Understands and practices the proper method of attending to and disposing of and the possibility of exposure to blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids, infectious waste, sharp sticks and hazardous materials.
· Report occupational exposures to blood, bodily fluids, infectious materials, sharp sticks and hazardous chemicals immediately.
· Attends regular meetings; Hollybrook Happenings, Department team meetings, cross over and others as directed by the Wellness Director
· Promptly respond to resident requests
· Provides basic emergency care as determined by the emergency needs of the residents by providing basic first aid.
· Provides safe transfers, positioning and turning of residents using effective body mechanics.
· Intervenes in situations involving unsafe or inadequate care and reports immediately to the Wellness Director.
· Demonstrate good practice of infection control principles by understanding the infectious process and modes of disease transmission, and by using appropriate hand washing techniques.
· Maintain compliance with all departmental record-keeping requirements.
· Supports the mental health and social service needs of residents by: observing and reporting mental status and behavior changes; modifies own behavior in response to resident behavior; facilitates the resident’s expression of needs and provides supportive communication; assists and instructs residents to be independent in ADL; assists residents in choosing appropriate social programs and events and helps residents who need or want physical assistance to attend events; in some cases, as directed, attend events outside of the community with residents requiring extra help; uses resident’s family as a source of resident support. Observes, reports and documents symptoms and conditions of residents for changes in condition such as skin, behavior, alertness, weight, dietary and participation in activities.
· Maintains a safe environment by keeping the community safe, clean and comfortable; recognizing environmental safety hazards, understands the methods to prevent on-the-job accidents and injuries. Reports any needed repairs of community-owned property to the Wellness Director or Maintenance Department where applicable.
· Demonstrates an understanding and support of Resident Rights by: providing for resident privacy; maintaining resident confidentiality; promotes the residents right to make personal choices to accommodate their needs; reinforces behavior consistent with resident dignity; assist residents to participate in activities.
· Present a professional demeanor that communicates a philosophy of service, goodwill and genuine interest in each residents needs.
· Assists with continence management and disposes of all continence products properly to ensure sanitation of resident suite and community restrooms using standard care procedures.
· Host and engage in activities with the residents on a daily basis.
· Maintains and cleans resident rooms as assigned including making beds, emptying trash, putting clothes away appropriately, spot sweeping and mopping as needed.
· Safe food handling is practiced at all times to prevent an outbreak of food borne illness in compliance with universal care precautions.
· May perform other duties as assigned
Position Requirements :
· Be in good health, and physically mental and capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
· Demonstrate freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis within (7) days of employment.
· Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to the initial presence in the facility.
· Must have a clean driving record as per the insurance carrier’s policy
· Must be available for new hire training