Santa Ana, CA 92706
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
Come join us at Hollybrook Senior Living!
At Hollybrook Senior Living, we believe that seniors matter. Through every action, we attempt to realize Hollybrook’s purpose of delivering love in the context of affordable senior care. Additionally, we are committed to creating a positive work environment, and the ongoing growth and development of our staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Maintenance Assistant reports directly to the Maintenance Director.
- Bring a systematic approach to maintaining a clean, safe, and secure environment for our residents.
- Works autonomously to ensure the timely completion of resident service requests.
- Works effectively to problem solve, plan, organize, communicate, and collaborate with others to ensure that projects are completed on time.
- Performs routine inspections of the physical plant; Ensures that necessary follow-up is completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains professional and collaborative working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Follows preventative maintenance schedule; Ensures that tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that apartments are in excellent condition prior to scheduled move-ins.
- Completes painting and basic plumbing repairs.
- Maintains current knowledge of governing laws and regulations and ensures compliance.
- Participates in the scheduling and completion of safety training.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Assists Maintenance Director of working within budgetary constraints.
- Must be available to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community
- Demonstrates exceptional organization skills and the ability to prioritize daily tasks in a manner that accommodates the fluctuating needs of the residents and the community.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm during emergency situations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of similar experience
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to pass a health screening, including drug test
- Must be able to pass Live Scan test
- Once hired, must be able to autonomously complete required training, as scheduled
- Effective communication skills – both verbal and written
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Clear and effective verbal written communication skills
- Walking, kneeling, crouching, stooping, bending, climbing and squatting
- Reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting (overhead and waist level) and gripping.
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
- Keyboarding, use of phone, manual dexterity and fine motor skills for writing, and operating office equipment
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasksGood physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days following employment. Must test free from pulmonary tuberculosis at the time of health screening.